Monday, March 13, 2006

Mish-mash

If any of you guys want to be really nice to me, and spend a lot of money on me to make me happy, to make up for something bad you did to me, to generally make the world a better place, or to promote World Peace, one of the things you could get me would be this watch. I'd like the plain black one, with a minimum of anything on it. Black strap would do nicely, thank you very much!

Vitriol is a little more avaricious. :-). He's even got the printed catalog of the Jaeger-LeCoultre watches, and man did I drool over some of those beauties! I caught myself gazing longingly at a table clock and thinking that a thousand dollars was not too much for it. Bzzzzzzzzztt!! I woke up with a bang. After that I kicked myself out of fantasy land, and resumed drooling at my next Mac :-). No silly clock is going to come between me and my Mac.

And this piece of prose excoriates the Pakistani fielding in the 5th ODI. Quite lovely, and I shall reproduce it here for your benefit, kind reader.
At times, it seemed that more direct hits were missed than there were people in the stands, more balls were fumbled than there are people in Karachi, throws were backed up in much the manner Brutus backed up Julius and as a collective, fielders became India's 12th, 13th and 14th men on the field. Indian batsmen gleefully took the piss, tapping straight to fielders and blindly, sans calls, running because even in the unlikely event of the ball being picked up clean, stumps weren't going to be struck.
Ooof, I'd hate to be the target of that tongue! "... throws were backed up much in the manner Brutus backed up Julius..." is quite reminiscent of Douglas Adams. Of course he might have added "which is to say, in no way at all", to reach the great unwashed masses who might miss the Roman reference.

No mere words can describe how I feel about this. True scientists they are!

P.S. Brief hiatus in blogging due to a sudden surge of work. Will have to see if I can be more regular.

3 comments:

loky said...

tamso maa geeko-gamaya

Aditi Das Patnaik said...

well the movado it is, i'll do it in the name of making you happy....when i have that kind of money :)

GeekBeyondRedemption said...

Thank you kind lady!

I will make sure to remind you, when you reach the pot of gold at the end of your rainbow, shortly, in early 2007 or so ;-).

And do check your mail. Replace google with tejas :-).